Developer’s Track(Room Londres/L2, second floor)
Developers Track ProgramWednesday 22 Room L-2
11:45-13:15 Invited Talk Session
- Welcome to Day 1: Cong Yu and Raoul-Sam Daruwala
- Jeff Hammerbacher (Cloudera): "Socializing Big Data"
- "WebNC: efficient sharing of web applications" (short)
(Laurent Denoue, Scott Carter, John Adcock, Andreas Girgensohn and Gene Golovchinsky, FXPal)
14:30-16:00 Development I: New Programming Environments (Chair: Michael Fink, Google)
- "Will an easy to use language attract content experts?"
(Kevin Miller, Revolution runrev.com)
- "Intrusive unit testing for Web applications"
(Philippe Poulard, INRIA France)
- "Creating Personal Mobile Widgets without Programming"
(Geetha Manjunath, Thara S, Hitesh Bosamiya, Santhi Guntupalli, Vinay Kumar and Ragu Raman G., HP)
16:30-18:00 Mashing Up Solutions to Old Problems (Chair: Michael Fink, Google)
- "The Future of Vertical Search Engines with Yahoo! Boss"
(Ted Drake, Yahoo! France)
- "Combining multi-level audio descriptors via web identification and aggregation"
(Jun Wang, Xavier Amatriain and David Garcia Garzon. Chinese Academy of Sciences, Telefonica Research)
- "CentMail: Rate Limiting via Certified Micro-Donations"
(Sharad Goel, Jake Hofman, John Langford, David Pennock and Daniel Reeves, Yahoo! Inc.)
Thursday, April 23
11:30-13:00 Invited Talk Session
- Welcome to Day 2: Cong Yu and Raoul-Sam Daruwala
- Nathan Stoll (Aardvark): "Making social networks more useful: Aardvark Social Search"
- "The Web, Smart and Fast" (short)
(Olivier Rossel, datao.net)
14:30-16:00 Development II: Performance and Scalability (Chair: Chao Liu, Microsoft Research)
- "Web data processing with MapReduce and Hadoop" (long)
(Tom White and Christophe Bisciglia, Cloudera)
- "Bootstrapping Web Pages for Accessibility and Performance" (short)
(Clint Hall, Cerner Corporation)
- "The Dark Side of the Semantic Web" (invited/replacement talk)
(Jim Hendler, RPI)
16:30-18:00 Semantic Web (Chair: Peter Mika, Yahoo! Research)
- "DBpedia: A Linked Data Hub and Data Source for Web Applications and Enterprizes" (long)
(Georgi Kobilarov, Chris Bizer, S. Auer and Jens Lehmann, Freie Universitat Berlin, Universitat Leipzig)
- "A Semantic Web Ready Service Language for Large-Scale Earth Science Archives" (short)
(Peter Baumann, Jacobs University Bremen)
- "A New Tool to Improve the Filtering Options in Advanced Searching"
(Fernando Moreno-Torres, MTC Soft)
Friday, April 24
11:30-13:00 Search (Chair: Sharad Goel, Yahoo! Research)
- "Query Portals"
(Sanjay Agrawal, Kaushik Chakrabarti, Surajit Chaudhuri, Venkatesh Ganti, Arnd Konig and Dong Xin, Microsoft Research)
- "Towards Distributed Social Search Engines"
(Josep M. Pujol and Pablo Rodriguez, Telefonica Research)
- "Integration at Web-Scale: Scalable Agent Technology for Enabling Structured Vertical Search"
(Govind Kabra and Kevin Chang, UIUC)
14:30-16:00 Lightning Talks and Demonstrations (Chair: Kerry Hannan, Google)
- "Query GeoParser: A Spatial-Keyword Query Parser Using Regular Expressions" (short)
(Jason Hines and Tony Abou-Assaleh, GenieKnows)
- "A Virtual Oceanographic Data Center" (short)
(Sean McCleese, Chris Mattmann, Rob Raskin, Dan Crichton and Sean Hardman, NASA JPL and USC)
- "Creating Your Own Web-Deployed Street Map Using Open Source Software and Free Data" (short)
(Christopher Adams and Tony Abou-Assaleh, GenieKnows)
- "Towards a Semantic Web Environment for XBRL" (short)
(Sheila Mendez Nunez, Jose Emilio Labra Gayo and Javier de Andres.
University of Oviedo)
- "Using the Web as our Content Management System on the BBC Music Beta"
(Patrick Sinclair, Nicholas Humfrey, Yves Raimond, Tom Scott and Michael Smethurst, BBC Audio and Music Interactive)
- "Improving interaction via screen reader using ARIA: An example"
(Marina Buzzi, Maria Claudia Buzzi, Barbara Leporini and Caterina Senette, National Research Council Italy)
16:30-18:00 Data and the Cloud (Chair: Vahab Mirrokni, Google)
- "A web-based rights management system for developing trusted value networks"
(Victor Torres, Jaime Delgado, Xavier Maronas, Silvia Llorente and Marc Gauvin, Universitat Pompeu Fabra and Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya and NetPortedItems S.L.)
- "Silk A Link Discovery Framework for the Web of Data"
(Christian Bizer, Julius Volz, Georgi Kobilarov and Martin Gaedke, Freie Universitat Berlin and Chemnitz University of Technology)"
- "A REST Architecture for Social Disaster Management"
(Julio Camarero and Carlos A. Iglesias, ETSI Telecomunicacion-UPM)